Research shows that one of the critical skills separating good leaders from great leaders is the conscious use of intuition in daily decision making. Great leaders actively call on their intuition to enhance decision making, whereas less effective leaders tend to rely too heavily on traditional approaches.
Give your participants a key competitive advantage with the Intuitive Decision Making Profile (IDMP). This assessment helps individuals learn to make complex decisions by putting their "database" of real-world knowledge and experience to work using their intuition.
- Discover the extent to which they already utilize their intuition
- Determine when it is appropriate to use intuition in decision making
- Learn to identify and overcome emotional and cognitive "blocks"
- Enhance the conscious use of intuitive decision making
How It Works
Participants complete the 40-item inventory that examines the extent to which they incorporate intuition when making business-related decisions. They then review background information about intuitive decision making to understand its importance. Next, participants score their assessments, chart their results to learn which areas need focus, complete the ?When to Use Intuition? table, discuss the Intuitive Processing Mode, and complete the ?Plan for Enhancing Intuition.?
Uses for the Intuitive Decision Making Profile
The IDMP is an effective tool to develop versatility in decision making and increase personal effectiveness in the workplace. Building intuitive decision making is particularly helpful in situations characterized by complex underlying relationships, such as mergers, reorganizations, and strategy formulation.
What to Order/Product Contents
Order one Facilitator Set per facilitator and one Self Assessment per participant.
Facilitator Set includes:
- Administrative guidelines
- Theoretical background
- A discussion of the importance and relevance of intuition
- The intuitive decision making model
- Technical development
- Sample training design
- Action planning
- Overhead transparency masters
Self Assessment includes:
- Pressure-sensitive scoring
- Description and interpretation of the intuitive decision making model
- Chart for determining when to use intuition
- Tips for practicing and improving the basic elements of intuition
- Charts to help determine when intuition is appropriate in decision making
- Suggested resources for further study
- Action planning charts