LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE - ORDER TODAY - SHIPS IN 1 WEEK
A guide to personal accountability-the fundamental key to leadership success
With the toughest economic downturn in recent history, the issue of accountability has taken center stage. However, accountability is often confused with punishment, fault, blame and guilt. In this book, the author argues that the only true accountability is "personal accountability" and the only way to achieve it is to take responsibility for the outcomes of your choices, behaviors and actions. The 85% Solution reveals that to be truly accountable, leaders must accept no less than 85% of the responsibility for the outcomes of their actions; empower themselves to take the risks and actions they must in order to get what they want; and show they are willing to answer for the outcomes that result from their choices and actions.
- Offers a practical guide to personal accountability and reveals how this leads to personal and business success
- Guides readers to take the risks and actions to reach their goals
- Contains self-assessments for determining personal accountability index
The author is an experienced consultant who works with organizations, teams, and individuals to improve their personal and work lives.
Table of Contents:
- Foreword (David Costello)
- PART I Responsibility
- The Queen of Victims: A Fairy Tale
- It's My Responsibility
- You Are Responsible: A Before-the-Fact Mind-Set
- Planet What Is
- Put The 85% Solution to Work for You
- Get Off of Planet Guilt
- No Fault, No Guilt, No Blame
- ?I Am Not Lazy, I Just Pretend I Am?
- A Good Reason Not to Share
- All for One, One for All
- Follow the Leader?
- The Accountability Quotient, Part 1
- PART II Self-Empowerment
- Make a Splash
- Empower Thyself
- The 85% Connection
- What's Your Point?
- The Choice Is Yours
- Empowerment in Real Numbers
- Your Unique Definition of Success
- Spread the Word
- Go for the Goal
- Empower Your Attitude
- Empower Your Time
- Empower Your Words
- The Accountability Quotient, Part 2
- PART III Personal Accountability
- It Goes Both Ways
- Stand Up
- What You'll Give Up
- Tell the Truth
- What If You Don't Get Caught?
- Own Your Choices - Right or Wrong
- Crystal Clear
- Write It Down
- A Clear Risk
- Floating in We-We
- Just in Time
- Rolling Heads
- Sticks and Stones
- Holding Others Accountable
- To Thine Own Self Be Clear
- The Accountability Quotient, Part 3
- The Author
Read Excerpt: Chapter (PDF)Author Info:
Linda Galindo consults with organizations, teams, and individuals who aim to improve their work and personal lives through greater personal accountability. She is a keynote speaker and conducts executive level seminars and retreats. She has been a regular contributor to Connect magazine and Lab Medicine. Galindo is experienced in change management, accountability, leadership development, and cultural assessment.