Self-understanding is a necessary precondition for learning and growth. If managers or employees lack insight into their own personality traits, neither formal training nor on-the-job experience will enable them to reach their full potential. Blind to their own behavioral patterns, they will continue to trip over themselves in the same old ways.
Using accurate, statistically reliable personality-style assessments in employee-training and management development courses shed useful light on two critical questions:
Why do I behave the way I do? And why do others behave as they do?
Join Dr. Annette Cremo for an interactive and informative webinar that will delve into the world of personality assessments and how they can be used effectively in training.
What You’ll Learn
· The background behind the most prevalent personality theories
· Why and how personality style affects people in organizations
· The four dimensions of Jungian theory
· The common characteristics of personality and how it relates to behavior
· How personality-style assessments should – and should not – be used by organizations
· Next steps for implementing a personality-style assessment in your training
About the Presenter
Dr. Annette Cremo
Dr. Annette Cremo is a seasoned training professional with over 15 years of experience in education, organization development, and human resources. Her clients include AAA, GlaxoSmithKline, Hershey Foods, and Ingersol Rand. In addition, Dr. Cremo is a university instructor, leading courses in training and presentation skills at Pennsylvania State University.
An expert in team building, leadership, and supervisory skills, Dr. Cremo earned her PhD in Psychoeducational Process from Temple University. Her doctoral research examined the active learning process for high-performance work teams and the group problem-solving process.
Aired on January 20, 2011