The benefits to fostering a culture of accountability are not far-fetched. Most organizations are well aware of the end-result – high levels of employee commitment, participation, satisfaction and overall company morale just to name a few. What is less obvious is how to get there. Accountability is not about giving people more responsibility or punishing them for errors. The goal is simple – encourage actions that are consistent with desired results. This frame of mind sets the pace for accountability at Work. The program leads participants through the concept and practices of accountability in two respects – personal and mutual accountability. The first half of the program focuses on encouraging actions that are consistent with behavior-related expectations – teaching participants how to take responsibility for the consequences and outcomes of individual choices and actions by building trust, seeking feedback, and learning from mistakes; while, the second half of the program provides insight into taking actions that are consistent with task-related expectations – participants discover how to count on one another to keep commitments by establishing accountability agreements and engaging in accountability conversations both within and outside of teams. Breaking the concept and practices of accountability down to the personal and mutual level presents participants with the opportunity to develop a more complete understanding of how to effect a culture of accountability in their workplace.
accountability at Work delivers a complete toolbox for skill development, including a comprehensive instructor's guide, participant workbook, and Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation. It's part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of high-quality, research-based soft-skills courseware you can download, customize, and reproduce.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learning program, Accountability at Work is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-use content that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product as part of the Ultimate Collection. Huge savings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Identify the benefits of accountability and the areas in which it is most important.
- Recognize the components for building personal accountability.
- Recognize the components for encouraging mutual accountability.
- Overcome obstacles to accountability.
- Engage in conversations that resolve broken agreements and lead to a greater commitment to expectations in the future.
- Introduction to Accountability
- Personal Accountability – Behaviors
- Mutual Accountability – Tasks
- The Accountability Conversation
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included: Test Your Knowledge, Action Plan, Practice Exercises, and Activities
- Approx. 60 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study