Winner of the ISPI Award of Excellence for Outstanding Instructional Communication
by Patti Phillips, PhD with foreword by Jack Phillips
The ROI approach that satisfies even the most demanding executives.
Training professionals have always experienced the pressure to prove the value and impact their training initiatives bring to the organization. That?s because executives are asking to see the connection between the investment in learning and development and business results. Without a proven return on these investments, management buy-in is harder to achieve and training budgets are more difficult to defend.
If you are trying to figure out how to incorporate a measurement process within your organization, The Bottomline on ROI is for you. World-renowned expert Patti Phillips created this book to help you make sense of the ROI Methodology and show you how to connect programs, processes, and projects to results in a clear, precise, and logical way that will satisfy even the most demanding C-suite executives. Read an excerpt from The Bottomline on ROI » Download "25 Frequently Asked Questions About ROI" »
Now in its third edition, Bottomline on ROI is more effective than ever. Its remains a simplistic, basic overview of, what can be, a complex ROI methodology while expanding on how to make the best use of the process at your organization. Dr. Phillips drives home its relevance in today?s business and provides insight into its various new applications. Key learning outcomes include:
- How to forecast ROI at different levels, using simple techniques
- How to report the success of programs and projects so that results resonate with senior executives
- How to choose technologies that support the ROI Methodology
The third edition also comes with sample scorecards, a case study, and an outline of a simple presentation that that can be used when describing the ROI Methodology to your team.
The Bottomline on ROI 3rd edition is a must have for any learning and development, human resources, or performance improvement professional who wants to demonstrate success of their programs beyond participant reaction and learning, but they don?t know where to begin. Just like the previous editions, this book keeps it simple and to the point. It gets to the bottomline.
This book will help you:
- Learn the basics of ROI
- Provide an overview of ROI to team members
- Teach others the fundamentals of ROI
- Persuade managers that ROI is the right choice for your organization
- Begin to develop your measurement and evaluation strategy
To understand and apply ROI methodology
About the Author
Patti Phillips, Ph.D is the president and CEO of the ROI Institute. Internationally known as an accountability, measurement, and evaluation expert, Patti facilitates workshops all over the world and consults with USA and international organizations - public, private, non-profit, and educational - on implementing the ROI Methodology™.
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Jack Phillips
- Chapter 1: ROI Defined
- Chapter 2: The Evaluation Puzzle
- Chapter 3: The ROI Methodology
- Chapter 4: Communication of Results
- Chapter 5: Successful ROI Implementation
- Chapter 6: Frequently Asked Questions
- About the Author
- About the Developer of the ROI Methodology
- Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
- About the ROI Institute