Critical thinking is a staple in the list of skills sought after byrecruiters and professed by candidates. Yet, despite its prevalence on jobboards and resumes, the workforce continues to see little evidence of itspresence in everyday conflict resolution. So, where's the disconnect? We'refocused on the "what" and not the "how." The struggle for most comes not inrecognizing the value or grasping the underlying theory behind criticalthinking, but in the application of that knowledge in everyday tasks andsituations. As one article put it, it's "a term that is given much discussionwithout much action (The Importance of Teaching Critical Thinking by the GDCTeam)."
Critical Thinking Skills — Applied helps participants puttheory into practice. It begins with an introduction into the process ofcritical thinking and the characteristics it encourages as well as the commonmistakes one should avoid. Participants are then called to use their criticalthinking skills to analyze a series of case studies or real-world scenarioswhere they'll learn to challenge information, recognize biases, and assessoptions among other learning outcomes. The practical, interactive activitiesdeepen insight and facilitate participants' ability to actively translate thelearned material into their work back on the job.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learningprogram, Critical Thinking Skills — Applied is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-usecontent that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit inboth Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is anaffordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product aspart of the Ultimate Collection. Hugesavings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Demonstrate the four characteristics of critical thinking to help yougather and assess the right information.
- Follow the three-step process of critical thinking to ensure youthoroughly review issues and potential solutions.
- Recognize and avoid the four critical thinking mistakes.
- Apply the process of critical thinking to real-world situations.
- Characteristics of Critical Thinkers
- Critical Thinking Process
- Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Case Studies, Action Plan,Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 35 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study