Critical thinking is a staple in the list of skills sought after by
recruiters and professed by candidates. Yet, despite its prevalence on job
boards and resumes, the workforce continues to see little evidence of its
presence in everyday conflict resolution. So, where's the disconnect? We're
focused on the "what" and not the "how." The struggle for most comes not in
recognizing the value or grasping the underlying theory behind critical
thinking, but in the application of that knowledge in everyday tasks and
situations. As one article put it, it's "a term that is given much discussion
without much action (The Importance of Teaching Critical Thinking by the GDC
Critical Thinking Skills — Applied helps participants put
theory into practice. It begins with an introduction into the process of
critical thinking and the characteristics it encourages as well as the common
mistakes one should avoid. Participants are then called to use their critical
thinking skills to analyze a series of case studies or real-world scenarios
where they'll learn to challenge information, recognize biases, and assess
options among other learning outcomes. The practical, interactive activities
deepen insight and facilitate participants' ability to actively translate the
learned material into their work back on the job.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learning
program, Critical Thinking Skills — Applied is part of the
Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-use
content that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in
both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an
affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product as
part of the Ultimate Collection. Huge
savings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Demonstrate the four characteristics of critical thinking to help you
gather and assess the right information.
- Follow the three-step process of critical thinking to ensure you
thoroughly review issues and potential solutions.
- Recognize and avoid the four critical thinking mistakes.
- Apply the process of critical thinking to real-world situations.
- Characteristics of Critical Thinkers
- Critical Thinking Process
- Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint
presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course
- Also Included: Case Studies, Action Plan,
Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 35 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study