Cultural Competency Training Guide
Culture is the shared values, traditions, norms, customs, art, history,folklore and institutions of a specific group of people.
Cultural competency is "the willingness and ability to interact respectfullyand effectively with individuals and groups, acknowledging the common anddifferent elements of our cultural identities." The result is words and actionsthat recognize, affirm and value the worth of individuals and communities andprotect and preserve the dignity of each.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learningprogram, Cultural Competency is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-usecontent that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit inboth Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is anaffordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product aspart of the Ultimate Collection. Hugesavings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Identify the elements of cultural competence in the workplace
- Increase understanding of their own cultural background and how itaffects their perceptions and interpretations of other cultures
- Recognize the three dimensions of cultural awareness when interactingwith other cultures
- Develop the skills needed to practice respectful and caring behaviortoward culturally diverse individuals and groups
- Understand how values differ among cultures
- Identify different communication styles among diverse culturalgroups
- Give and receive feedback in a caring, respectful way
- Adapt behaviors that support cultural competency and minimize behaviorsthat undermine it
- Cultural Competency Skills
- Generating Awareness About the World Around Us
- Effective Communication Skills
- Respectful Behaviors
- 8 hours / One Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Case Study, Action Plan,Techniques for Giving / Receiving Feedback
- Approx. 48 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study