Leaders Born? Managers Made?
Duration: 60 minutes Overview
?What this organization needs is real leadership!"
"Doesn?t anybody around here know how to manage??
How many times have you heard statements like these echoing through the halls of your organization?
The pressure on managers and leaders to perform, innovate, and control is extraordinary. Rates of change, industry consolidation, client demands, the rise of a unified global marketplace, and even ?internet time? all are major contributors to the increased demands of day-to-day life in organizations.
Join us for a free webinar, "Leaders Born? Managers Made?" Jim Eicher, leadership expert and author of the Leader-Manager Profile, will lead you through the dynamics of leading vs. managing - and how to apply the related skills and competencies for maximum success.
WHAT YOU?LL LEARN
- Why leaders are born, why managers are made, and how you can better position your organization for global success.
- The differences the two different, yet complementary competencies.
- Understand how to observe, analyze, and learn both skill sets.
- Techniques to develop the individual and the organization based upon current competency levels.
- How leading and managing can be balanced within an organization though individual development and the combination of the conscious, deliberate effort of a team of people.
About the Presenter
A well-respected author and consultant, Jim Eicher is a subject matter expert in the fields of sales, organizational strategy, leadership, and communication. During his career, he held leadership roles at Booz Allen Hamilton, Andersen Worldwide, Symantec, and NetApp. He was also the founder of Cognitive Management, a training and consulting with worldwide clients such as Xerox, Reuters, Sony, Simon and Schuster, Amdahl, and Nortel.
In addition to the Leader-Manager Profile, Jim is the author of the highly acclaimed book on management communication, Making the Message Clear as well as the assessment tools Neurolinguistic Communication Profile, Post-Heroic Leadership: Managing the Virtual Organization, and Rapport: Matching and Mirroring Communication.
Aired on September 15, 2010