by Kate Ward
So you're highly knowledgeable and skilled in your career field, your hardwork has paid off and a job promotion is likely or has already come your way.You relish in the prospects and rightfully so – a managerial role is anexciting and advantageous opportunity, but if you're not equipped with themanagement know-how, it can be a surprisingly overwhelming transition. How doyou make it a success?
Learning to Manage walks you through the process of successfulmanagement by introducing the tools and techniques for effectively handlingfive target areas – people, projects, performance, problems, and even personaldevelopment because successful management starts with being able to manageyourself. Each of these areas is essential to minimizing the stress associatedwith the transition from individual work as you learn to delegate, communicate,and most of all, develop your employees – laying the foundation forproductivity and organizational success.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learningprogram, Learning to Manage is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-usecontent that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit inboth Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is anaffordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product aspart of the Ultimate Collection. Hugesavings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Understand how to make the transition into management.
- Avoid the common pitfalls that derail new managers.
- Discover how to communicate effectively up and down yourorganization.
- Explore ways to effectively delegate work and encourage employeedevelopment.
- Identify how to manage task-related and interpersonal crises.
- Develop self-awareness and determine the support you need to successfullymanage employees.
- Adopt the Right Mindset
- Common Pitfalls to Avoid
- People Management
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Problem Management
- Personal Management
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 1 hour 25 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study