by Kate Ward
So you're highly knowledgeable and skilled in your career field, your hard
work has paid off and a job promotion is likely or has already come your way.
You relish in the prospects and rightfully so – a managerial role is an
exciting and advantageous opportunity, but if you're not equipped with the
management know-how, it can be a surprisingly overwhelming transition. How do
you make it a success?
Learning to Manage walks you through the process of successful
management by introducing the tools and techniques for effectively handling
five target areas – people, projects, performance, problems, and even personal
development because successful management starts with being able to manage
yourself. Each of these areas is essential to minimizing the stress associated
with the transition from individual work as you learn to delegate, communicate,
and most of all, develop your employees – laying the foundation for
productivity and organizational success.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learning
program, Learning to Manage is part of the
Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-use
content that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in
both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an
affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product as
part of the Ultimate Collection. Huge
savings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Understand how to make the transition into management.
- Avoid the common pitfalls that derail new managers.
- Discover how to communicate effectively up and down your
- Explore ways to effectively delegate work and encourage employee
- Identify how to manage task-related and interpersonal crises.
- Develop self-awareness and determine the support you need to successfully
- Adopt the Right Mindset
- Common Pitfalls to Avoid
- People Management
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Problem Management
- Personal Management
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint
presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 1 hour 25 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study