Each one of us has a perception of reality about how the world works–amental model. Like an internal hard drive, they provide understanding, guidethinking, and direct decision making. Built from everyday experiences, outsideinfluences, and rewards such as money and success, mental models can be bothbeneficial and detrimental to success. Just as technology shifts and advances,so does the need for individuals, teams, and organizations to update, flex, andreconstruct mental models to improve performance.
An excellent starting point is to create awareness. This training shows thepeople in your organization how to examine their mental models, separate factfrom opinion, clarify assumptions, and reveal hidden beliefs. Using interactiveexercises and activities, this learning experience illustrates the need to tuneinto one's surroundings, look for opportunities, and approach work with an openmind.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learningprogram, Mental Models is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-usecontent that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit inboth Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is anaffordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product aspart of the Ultimate Collection. Hugesavings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Understand what mental models are and how they influence theworkplace
- Identify one's personal mental model
- Recognize the mental model assumptions
- Reveal hidden mental model biases
- Learn how to avoid typical mental mistakes
- Develop the ability to adjust mental models for better performance
- What Is a Mental Model?
- Mental Models in the Workplace
- Assessing the Accuracy of Your Mental Models
- Changing Inaccurate Mental Models
- How to Use Mental Models to Increase Performance and MinimizeMistakes
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan, Group Activities,Identify Your Mental Models, and Identify Your Mental Mistakes
- Approx. 45 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study