by Janis Fisher Chan
Most managers and team leaders will not readily welcome the task of havingto let an employee go or provide them with a negative performance review. Theseare just a couple of examples of those difficult conversations which are anunavoidable and recurring instance in the workplace. Despite their compellingpresence, they don?t have to be feared or dreaded–they can be handled in such away that increases self-confidence and encourages an environment of positivity.
Navigating Difficult Conversations introduces participants to aseven-stage process for taking control in these situations and minimizingnegative backlash to effect an environment of reduced stress, increased trust,improved relationships, and higher productivity. With realistic examples androle-playing activities, this program helps participants as they prepare,carry-out, and close difficult conversations in the most productivemanner–leading them to embrace, rather than fear confrontation and producelong-lasting benefits for both the employee and organization.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learningprogram, Navigating Difficult Conversations is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-usecontent that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit inboth Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is anaffordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product aspart of the Ultimate Collection. Hugesavings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes tohandle them.
- Identify the seven stages of handling difficult conversations.
- Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthensrelationships.
- Apply best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering theconversation.
- Discover how to generate solutions and bring the conversation to aclose.
- What Conversations are Difficult?
- What Does it Take to Handle a Difficult Conversation?
- Stages of a Difficult Conversation
- Preparing for a Difficult Conversation
- Getting the Conversation Started
- Carrying Out the Conversation
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 30 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study