by David Berke
Most would agree that introductions to company processes and policies are a"must" when bringing in a new hire. While true, it's also just as important tohelp new hires gain a comprehensive view of their role and establish aneffective network to whom they may turn for support. Relationships and roleshave the greatest impact on an employee's immediate productivity andsatisfaction in their new position. In fact, clear role expectations between amanager and his/her direct reports can make the difference between arelationship that succeeds and one that fails–and if it fails, turnovertypically follows.
Onboarding is the training course you need to help your new hiresbuild a foundation for success from the get-go. At its core is theOnboarding Model with four overlapping elements –Resources, Rules, Relationships, and Roles. Using these elements as acornerstone in the onboarding process, managers learn how to become an activeparticipant in helping new hires not only accelerate their involvement, butestablish a groundwork for continual progression.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learningprogram, Onboarding is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-usecontent that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit inboth Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is anaffordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product aspart of the Ultimate Collection. Hugesavings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Explain the purpose of onboarding and the benefits it provides to newemployees.
- Describe four key onboarding elements and how they support the onboardingprocess.
- Describe actions you can take and information you can use to successfullyintegrate new employees within the context of the four key elements.
- Prepare information relating to the four onboarding elements to use andshare with new employees during the onboarding process.
- Module 1: Defining Onboarding
- Module 2: Planning for Onboarding
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Supplemental Learning Materials and Action Plan
- Approx. 50 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study