by David Berke
Most would agree that introductions to company processes and policies are a
"must" when bringing in a new hire. While true, it's also just as important to
help new hires gain a comprehensive view of their role and establish an
effective network to whom they may turn for support. Relationships and roles
have the greatest impact on an employee's immediate productivity and
satisfaction in their new position. In fact, clear role expectations between a
manager and his/her direct reports can make the difference between a
relationship that succeeds and one that fails–and if it fails, turnover
Onboarding is the training course you need to help your new hires
build a foundation for success from the get-go. At its core is the
Onboarding Model with four overlapping elements –
Resources, Rules, Relationships, and Roles. Using these elements as a
cornerstone in the onboarding process, managers learn how to become an active
participant in helping new hires not only accelerate their involvement, but
establish a groundwork for continual progression.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learning
program, Onboarding is part of the
Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-use
content that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit in
both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is an
affordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product as
part of the Ultimate Collection. Huge
savings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Explain the purpose of onboarding and the benefits it provides to new
- Describe four key onboarding elements and how they support the onboarding
- Describe actions you can take and information you can use to successfully
integrate new employees within the context of the four key elements.
- Prepare information relating to the four onboarding elements to use and
share with new employees during the onboarding process.
- Module 1: Defining Onboarding
- Module 2: Planning for Onboarding
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint
presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course
- Also Included: Supplemental Learning Materials and Action Plan
- Approx. 50 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study