Read an excerpt from Personality Style at Work
Bottom line, personality is the key to your success (or failure).
personality. It's the sum total of who you are and how you approach
every angle of life, from your career choices and performance track
record to what you do in your free time. And it can also be your
competitive advantage if you understand how it works and how to use
it.But getting to really know yourself and the nuances of your
personality style, not to mention what drives the actions of your
coworkers, managers, teams?and even whole organizations takes more than
intuition alone. That's where Personality at Work comes into play.
book shows you how to quickly and accurately identify your personality
style, decode the behavior of others, and spot different personalities.
But the real value is that it clues you in on how to flex and tweak the
way you communicate, your language, body gestures, and physical space to
create a better match when a natural "fit" just isn't there -- with
just about anyone or any situation. You'll be amazed at how easy it
becomes to build rapport with the people around you, communicate with
your boss, be an effective team member, achieve success on the job, and
much, much more.
The backbone of Personality
Style at Work is the highly regarded HRDQ Style Model, the popular
formula that more than a million people have relied upon to understand
not only what makes them tick?but those around them as well. What makes
It'so powerful is that it takes the complexity of personality and boils
it down into four simple, memorable words: Direct, Spirited, Systematic,
and Considerate. The meaning behind these terms gives you the key to
unlocking what drives human behavior.
Here's what this book will do for you:
- Explain what personality style is -- and why you should care
- Assess your behavior and identify your personality style
- Show you how to spot different personality types
- Give you strategies for flexing your style to adapt to any situation
- Demonstrate how to improve a job search and advance your career
- Help you to become a more effective manager and team member
- Offer tips and techniques that will help you get along with just about anyone
- Enable you to adapt your personality to any organizational culture
Whether you read
Style at Work from cover to cover or tap into specific chapters when
you need answers, this book is guaranteed to quickly become your go-to
resource and the first step to making improvements to your professional
career, both present and future.
This book is filled with tips, techniques, exercises, and assessments!
- Free personality assessment
- Career fit exercise and skills inventory
- Workplace values assessment
- Interviewing tips to help you find the best job
- Boss work-style assessment
- Case studies for real-world illustrations