Get a Full Length Preview »
Duration: 24 minutes
- Shows how to address performance problems
- Helps uncover workable solutions
- Promotes employee accountability
Positive Performance Coaching is achievable... when supervisors and managers have the right training. This video program helps leaders get beyond the belief that confronting negative performance has to be punitive in nature and shows them how performance discussions can actually be a tool for developing employees.
In a recent study, performance-based coaching was among the top three talent management processes shown to improve business results.
This highly effective training tool teaches supervisors how to prepare for an employee performance improvement discussion, manage the discussion appropriately (and legally), place ownership of the problem's resolution with the employee, and get the desired outcome without losing employee commitment.
Based on the book, Positive Discipline: How to Resolve Tough Performance Problems Quickly and Effectively, the program presents the following five-step process for correcting negative performance:
- Identify the Problem – the gap between the actual &desired behavior
- Analyze the Problem's Severity – determine the impact and consequences of the behavior if not corrected
- Discuss the Problem – talk to the employee and gain their agreement on a solution
- Document the Discussion – including the history of the problem and what was said and agreed upon
- Follow-up to Monitor Results – recognize improvements, or take action if the problem hasn't resolved
The program's video vignettes are set in different work environments and feature three different performance issues. Accompanying workshop materials include role-play activities, job aids (such as a conversation planner) and more.
DVD plus Downloadable Materials
Leader's Guide, Powerpoint Presentation, Participant Workbook
Downloadable materials will be emailed after order completion.
A Media Partners™ release.