by Kate Ward
Is conflict an ongoing battle in your organization? Apparently, it is formost. A recent study reveals that 85 percent of employees experience conflictat work–a staggering 2.8 hours each week–ranging from mild squabbles withteammates to explosive disagreements between managers.
Let's face it. Conflict isn't going to become obsolete anytime soon. Butindividuals can learn how to handle it maturely and collaboratively withinsight, knowledge, and the proper skills. And better yet, organizations canactually benefit from conflict in the form of increased productivity andimproved relationships–that is, when it's managed successfully.
Taking Control of Conflict: Howto Resolve and Minimize Workplace Disputes introduces the different typesof conflict, shows individuals how to communicate clearly and tactfully,explores appropriate resolution strategies, and establishes a common-senseapproach for preventing unnecessary conflict.
Available as classroom training and as a self-study e-learningprogram, Taking Control of Conflict is part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of unlimited-usecontent that's downloadable, customizable, and reproducible. Easy to edit inboth Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files, this training solution is anaffordable, one-time purchase and yours to reproduce as needed.
Get the BEST DEAL by purchasing this product aspart of the Ultimate Collection. Hugesavings on all the soft-skills training you'll ever need!
- Identify a preferred strategy for handling conflict
- Understand the characteristics and drawbacks of five conflictstrategies
- Recognize the sources of conflict that most often occur in theworkplace
- Learn effective strategies for managing and resolving conflict
- Practice behaviors that minimize tension and conflict
- Discover how to address an issue before it escalates into conflict
- Looking at Conflict
- Typical Approaches to Conflict
- Sources of Conflict
- Best Practices for Conflict Prevention
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan, andTest Your Knowledge
- Approx. 1 hour 15 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study