Organizational Trust: Strengthen and Restore Respect, Faith, and Integrity at Work
While the nature of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities certainly make up a large portion of employee job satisfaction, more often than not, the most influential aspect has to do with the interaction between colleagues. Organizations that promote a positive, supportive working environment or rather, those that emphasize a culture of trust are also those with the highest recruitment and retention rates -- this is because they lay the groundwork for effecting respect, faith, and integrity at all levels. In turn, personal attributes such as these have far-reaching effects on the organization's success -- they're more credible, productive, flexible, innovative, and able to adapt to changing circumstances and effectively handle crises.
Organizational Trust is about helping managers supervisors, and leaders to effect these outcomes by building, improving, or restoring an environment of trust. Participants begin by examining the quality of trust on an organizational and personal level (or how trustworthy others perceive them to be) and then reviewing the characteristics and behaviors which shape trust. They'll also learn to identify the warning signs of a low-trust organization, providing the opportunity to implement techniques for handling and combating distrustful behaviors before they escalate.
- Assess the level of trust in your organization and your own trustworthiness.
- Be mindful of the results of distrust between employees and for an organization.
- Identify the characteristics that engender trusting employees and organizations.
- Discover the common "trust busters" and specific actions you can take to prevent their presence in the workplace.
- Explore the ways organizations and teams can build a culture of trust.
- Identify the warning signs of a low-trust organization and how to restore trust when it's been lost.
- Organizational Assessment
- Why Trust Matters
- The Fundamentals of Trust
- Strengthening Trust
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 30 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study