Practical Project Management: Taking Projects from Inception to Completion
It's not unusual for an organization's employees to be immersed in a series of projects in any given week. However, many times those projects unearth less than desirable results where valuable resources are wasted and time lost due to poor conception and implementation. Being able to carry a project from its inception to completion, on time, on budget, and with effective results is a critical and invaluable skill to any organization.
Practical Project Management will help employees to become effective leaders on projects of any size and scope. The program walks participants through four key stages to project management. Throughout the course, they are given the opportunity to apply the techniques inherent in each stage as they work to help a team construct an on-site fitness center that will encourage a healthier lifestyle for employees leading to reduced health insurance costs.
- Carry out the four stages of a project.
- Understand what makes a project succeed.
- Initiate and define a project.
- Plan steps to move a project forward.
- Keep a project on track.
- Bring a project to a close and evaluate its success.
- Initiating and Defining a Project
- Planning a Project
- Implementing a Project Plan
- Closing and Evaluating a Project
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included:Activities, Action Plan, and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 60 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study