The Golden Rule: How to Create a Respectful Workplace
An increasingly demanding workplace creates greater pressure and stress for every employee. In addition, impersonal electronic communication has taken precedence over face-to-face interactions. Sometimes, this increased stress,and the lack of personal contact leads to more abrupt, informal face-to-face communication.
The Golden Rule is designed to help employees consistently demonstrate respect in their day-to-day interactions. From electronic to face-to-face communication, participants learn the behaviors that contribute toa respectful environment. They will learn how to establish self-respect,develop reciprocity with colleagues, and maintain respect when faced with stress, uncertainty, and change.
- Examine the behaviors that contribute to a respectful workplace at the individual and organizational level.
- Recognize the importance of building an organizational culture that fosters respect.
- Implement strategies to maintain a respectful work environment when facedwith stress, uncertainty, and change.
- Maintain and rebuild respect after there has been an offense.
- Elements of a Respectful Workplace – Individual Responsibility
- Elements of a Respectful Workplace – Company Culture
- Maintaining a Respectful Workplace in Challenging Situations
- Maintaining and Rebuilding Respect after an Offense
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPointpresentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and CourseEvaluation
- Also Included: Sample Respect Charter, Action Plan,and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 53 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study