Communicating as a Manager:
Help Your Employees to Succeed through Effective Communication
According to the American Management Association, a communication skills set is one of the six core competencies a manager needs to develop. Effective communication between managers and employees ensures employees know what is expected of them, understand what it is that they're doing correctly, and where they might need to improve. It also helps to increase employees' motivation and commitment, leading to greater achievement of organizational goals.
Communicating as a Manager is a great tool for managers, supervisors, and leaders alike who desire to improve their ability to guide employees or colleagues in their work. The program's primary focus is on improving an individual’s ability to fully listen and comprehend others' perceptions, to clearly convey expectations and performance feedback, and to effectively lead others through organizational change. Participants partake in multiple group activities throughout that allow them to apply the techniques and practices in each module using realistic scenarios.
- Recognize the situations in which it is most necessary for managers to communicate with their employees.
- Understand the role of active listening in effective communication.
- Identify ways to clearly convey your message.
- Effectively communicate performance expectations and performance goals.
- Coach employees and provide useful feedback.
- Facilitate the learning processes for employees as they take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Implement strategies for communicating in times of change and uncertainty.