Duration: 20 Minutes
Have you ever been misunderstood? In daily life, misunderstandings can create humorous muddles or minor mistakes. But in healthcare settings, miscommunications can have serious repercussions.
Let's face it, confused contexts, noisy rooms, or failure to ask for clarification can create peril for your patients – and frustration and lost time for your staff. CRM Learning's Communication in Healthcare can help your team turn frustrating communications into successful exchanges – each and every time.Combining humor and drama, this exciting, team-building video demonstrates:
- Dangers that arise when there is a discrepancy between what we mean to say and what others hear
- How varied interpretations of a single word can upset our ability to provide the best in patient care
- The importance of precise communication – especially in a health care setting – and the 5 critical steps for effective communication
- How attending to the power of our words can prevent chaos and create a whole new level of care
An incorrect billing code, confusion over a written medication prescription, an overheard conversation of a patient's supposed "status" and a family member's frustrating search for her patient husband all demonstrate how words can fail in a healthcare setting, and the importance of clear communication.
When your profession is caring for the health of others, words truly become a lifeline. Help your team –speakers and listeners alike – harness the power of words: your patients and your bottom line will benefit.
Viewers will learn that communication can succeed when messages are passed through five stages:
- the Speaker launches a thought
- the Language that is chosen is clear and uses specific words
- the Environment is organized and free of distractions
- the Listener interprets the message
- thorough Feedback is given to guarantee that the Speaker and Listener understand each other completely
DVD plus Downloadable Materials
Downloadable materials will be emailed after order completion.
A Media Partners™ release.