From Compliance to Commitment: The 3 Keys to Effective Performance Coaching
Duration: 60 minutes
There are three reasons why managers fail at effective performance discussions. One, they can?t get an employee to agree that a performance issue even exists. Two, managers don?t identify all of the possible solutions. And three, they don?t involve the employee in exploring alternatives and finding appropriate solutions.
Join subject matter expert and author Ken Phillips for an action-oriented webinar that will illustrate how these ?traps? undermine a manager?s coaching efforts, why they occur, and what can be done to avoid them. You?ll also learn his proven seven-step process for successfully coaching employees from compliance to commitment.
What You Will Learn
- A successful seven-step process for conducting coaching discussions.
- Critical factors in getting an employee?s commitment to improve performance.
- Two typical traps managers fall into when discussing performance improvement solutions.
- The role managers should play when exploring alternatives with an employee and getting a commitment to improve performance.
Who Should Attend
- Front-line leaders
- Human resources professionals
- Organizational coaches
About the Presenter
With more than 30 years of experience in the field of workplace learning and performance, Ken Phillips is an expert in the performance management, learning evaluation, and sales performance arenas. He is a frequent university presenter and speaker at ASTD and SHRM conferences. He has authored many learning instruments, including the bestselling Coaching Skills Inventory.
Aired on December 14, 2011