Learning to Manage: Techniques and Tools for the New Manager
So you're highly knowledgeable and skilled in your career field, your hard work has paid off and a job promotion is likely or has already come your way. You relish in the prospects and rightfully so – a managerial role is an exciting and advantageous opportunity, but if you're not equipped with the management know-how, it can be a surprisingly overwhelming transition. How do you make it a success?
Learning to Manage walks you through the process of successful management by introducing the tools and techniques for effectively handling five target areas – people, projects, performance, problems, and even personal development because successful management starts with being able to manage yourself. Each of these areas is essential to minimizing the stress associated with the transition from individual work as you learn to delegate, communicate,and most of all, develop your employees – laying the foundation for productivity and organizational success.
- Understand how to make the transition into management.
- Avoid the common pitfalls that derail new managers.
- Discover how to communicate effectively up and down your organization.
- Explore ways to effectively delegate work and encourage employee development.
- Identify how to manage task-related and interpersonal crises.
- Develop self-awareness and determine the support you need to successfully manage employees.
- Adopt the Right Mindset
- Common Pitfalls to Avoid
- People Management
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Problem Management
- Personal Management
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 1 hour 25 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study