Managing Up: Forging a Successful Relationship with Your Supervisor
The principles of managing up are designed to make your supervisor's life easier. However, you'll find that becoming in tune with their needs and supporting their daily obligations in turn, benefits you. Your work life will run smoother, you'll encounter less conflict, and you'll make a positive impression on your supervisor, ultimately forging a successful relationship. After all, your boss is key to your current on-the-job satisfaction and to your future success in the organization -- and perhaps even beyond. If there ever were a relationship for you to invest in, this is it. This program helps you lay the groundwork for a productive working relationship over the long haul.
- Identify and support your supervisor's strengths, weaknesses, and workingstyle.
- Proactively seek consistent communication and monitor data.
- Determine your supervisor's priorities, goals, and pressures.
- Establish expectations and a clear system of organization.
- Help to eliminate preventable problems and use effective problem solving skills to find resolutions.
- Exhibit positive behaviors that make you an invaluable employee.
- Managing the Relationship
- Managing Communication
- Managing Priorities and Tasks
- Managing Yourself
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included: Action Plan and Test Your Knowledge
- Approx. 1 hour 5 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study