How It Works
At the foundation of each of the four personality styles - direct, considerate, spirited, and systematic - is a set of three drivers that guide our actions, decisions, and general life approach. Delving even deeper into the framework of personality is a look at the lens of expressiveness and assertiveness - the learned behaviors that we use as a means of coping with the demands and expectations placed upon us and which help to explain how we can appear to have one personality at work and another in our personal life.
The backbone of Personality Style at Work is the highly regarded HRDQ Style Model, the popular formula that more than a million people have relied upon to understand not only what makes them tick - but those around them as well. What makes it so powerful is that it takes the complexity of personality and boils it down into four simple, memorable words: direct, spirited, systematic, and considerate. The meaning behind these terms gives you the key to unlocking what drives human behavior.
Personality Style at Work will:
- Explain what personality style is - and why you should care
- Assess your behavior and identify your personality style
- Show you how to spot different personality types
- Give you strategies for flexing your style to adapt to any situation
- Demonstrate how to improve a job search and advance your career
- Help you to become a more effective manager and team member
- Offer tips and techniques that will help you get along with just about anyone
- Enable you to adapt your personality to any organizational culture