Read an excerpt from Personality Style at Work
Bottom line, personality is the key to your success (or failure).
Your personality. It's the sum total of who you are and how you approach every angle of life, from your career choices and performance track record to what you do in your free time. And it can also be your competitive advantage if you understand how it works and how to use it.But getting to really know yourself and the nuances of your personality style, not to mention what drives the actions of your coworkers, managers, teams?and even whole organizations takes more than intuition alone. That's where Personality at Work comes into play.
This book shows you how to quickly and accurately identify your personality style, decode the behavior of others, and spot different personalities. But the real value is that it clues you in on how to flex and tweak the way you communicate, your language, body gestures, and physical space to create a better match when a natural "fit" just isn't there -- with just about anyone or any situation. You'll be amazed at how easy it becomes to build rapport with the people around you, communicate with your boss, be an effective team member, achieve success on the job, and much, much more.
The backbone of Personality Style at Work is the highly regarded HRDQ Style Model, the popular formula that more than a million people have relied upon to understand not only what makes them tick?but those around them as well. What makes It'so powerful is that it takes the complexity of personality and boils it down into four simple, memorable words: Direct, Spirited, Systematic, and Considerate. The meaning behind these terms gives you the key to unlocking what drives human behavior.
Here's what this book will do for you:
- Explain what personality style is -- and why you should care
- Assess your behavior and identify your personality style
- Show you how to spot different personality types
- Give you strategies for flexing your style to adapt to any situation
- Demonstrate how to improve a job search and advance your career
- Help you to become a more effective manager and team member
- Offer tips and techniques that will help you get along with just about anyone
- Enable you to adapt your personality to any organizational culture
Whether you read
Personality Style at Work from cover to cover or tap into specific chapters when you need answers, this book is guaranteed to quickly become your go-to resource and the first step to making improvements to your professional career, both present and future.
This book is filled with tips, techniques, exercises, and assessments!
- Free personality assessment
- Career fit exercise and skills inventory
- Workplace values assessment
- Interviewing tips to help you find the best job
- Boss work-style assessment
- Case studies for real-world illustrations