Sexual Harassment: Training for a Harassment-Free Workplace - California Manager Edition DVD
Training Video Run Time: 24 Minutes
What makes this new program unique is a sequence of original stories that convey important training points as seen through the eyes of the participants. Instead of explanations from on-screen narrators, first-hand reporting keeps the action moving and makes it personal. This helps viewers internalize the content and retain lasting impressions that stay with them long after the training is over.
Filmed on location, realistic characters interact in seven dramatic stories:
The consequences and potential harm caused by hostile environment and quid pro quo harassment are clearly explained. And viewers also learn about protected characteristics, third-party harassment, retaliation, and other forms of abusive behavior. And while sexual and other forms of illegal harassment are covered, our focus is on respect and consideration for others. The scenarios are meant to prevent unwelcome behavior BEFORE it escalates out of control. Our goals with this new program are to improve behavior overall, encourage communication, and help create workplaces that are respectful, productive — and harassment-free!
- Inappropriate talk in the bullpen makes it difficult for an office worker to concentrate on his job.
- Images meant to be private are posted on social media to get revenge after a break-up.
- Lunch hour at a medical center is disrupted by rude comments from an outside vendor.
- A new employee is pressured to go out with a supervisor as part of her "training" in a manufacturing plant.
- City government employees grapple with religious bias and resentment over coworkers who "don't come from here."
- Sales reps at a convention center mistreat and exclude a colleague because he "doesn't fit in."
- A restaurant kitchen is the setting for borderline behavior that makes one coworker uncomfortable even though her peers are clearly enjoying themselves.