Skillful Collaboration: Working Successfully with Others to Achieve a Common Goal
RTL Customizable Course
Creative thinking, effective problem solving, increased productivity, job satisfaction, and more. The benefits of collaboration are significant, both for individuals and organizations. That is, when things run smoothly. But there's much more to collaboration than working side-by-side with people. There's an effective way to collaborate -- and an ineffective way to collaborate. And believe it or not, sometimes it's the wrong choice altogether. That's because successful collaboration requires a combination of the right situation,well-honed skills, and an open mindset.
Before the individuals in your organization attempt the next project, introduce them to Skillful Collaboration, a soft-skills training program that will help them to make sense of the ins and outs of collaboration. From setting common objectives, defining roles, and establishing processes to communication strategies, troubleshooting obstacles, and building networks, Skillful Collaboration focuses on how to structure an effective framework that enables individuals to develop harmonious and productive working relationships.
- Discover when collaboration can be an effective and beneficial approach - and when it's not.
- Learn how to establish and successfully communicate expectations to groupmembers.
- Recognize the inward attitudes and outward behaviors necessary tocollaborate well.
- Understand communication strategies that foster or hindercollaboration.
- Identify non-collaborative behaviors and implement strategies to copewith them.
- Recognize the scope of your network to increase the ability tocollaborate.
- Establish a Purpose for Collaboration
- Collaborative Behaviors
- The Power of Words
- Building Group Collaboration
- Non-Collaborative Behaviors
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course