Duration: 82 minutes
A library of 90 video clips on various aspects of supervision, plus a comprehensive guide for using the clips in a number of innovative ways.
Designed for maximum flexibility, The Supervisor Toolkit provides you with high-quality video vignettes that you can easily incorporate into your own custom training courses. The clips are drawn from CRM's library of best-selling programs. Each vignette/clip runs anywhere from 20 seconds to 3 minutes and depicts a common workplace interaction involving a supervisor and usually, a subordinate. Suggestions are provided in the Leader's Guide for using the clips to draw out specific lessons on supervision.
The 90 clips in the Toolkit are organized into the following supervisory skill categories:
- Hiring and Building Your Team
- Planning, Prioritizing, and Delegating Tasks
- Coaching and Training
- Motivating, Encouraging and Giving Positive Feedback
- Building Trust and Showing Respect
- Handling Conflict
- Performance Appraisals
- Discipline and Giving Constructive Feedback
Clips are provided in two formats:
- Format 1: The clip is introduced with some brief narration to set up the scene and give a very general idea of what to look for in the vignette. As the introductory narration plays, key phrases and words are highlighted through on-screen graphics. The clip follows.
- Format 2: The clip plays without any set-up narration.
The Leader's Guide gives context to each clip in each of the supervisory skill categories, suggests where and how to use the clips and explains how to combine clips for maximum impact. Discussion starter questions and activity suggestions are also included.
A Media Partners™ release.