Why We Struggle with Tough Decisions: Overcoming Doubts and Dilemmas
In the workplace, some people get stuck over analyzing all of their choices -- they want a spreadsheet packed with data before proceeding with any decision. Others swear by their intuition and have no data to back up how they arrived at a particular decision.
How can you make a high-impact decision that is effective, practical, and successful? By having a clear objective, gathering and evaluating information in a structured way, avoiding common decision traps, and by using your intuition to confirm or question your decision. This course will enhance your confidence and skill at making -- and implementing -- tough decisions, allowing you to increase your value to your organization and actively contribute to its success.
- Understand the role that emotions play in decision-making.
- Describe how to make a decision effectively, recognizing key steps to take before, during, and after the decision-making process.
- Identify your values in order to guide your actions, behaviors, and decisions.
- Put into practice various methods for collecting and evaluating information.
- Recognize–and avoid–the most common traps that complicate tough decisions.
- Develop strategies to overcome your concerns about making and implementing tough decisions.
- The Neuroscience of Making Decisions
- You Really Don't Know What to Do
- Decision Traps
- You Know What to Do, But You're Concerned
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included: Activities, Role Play, Suggested Resources, and Action Plan
- Approx. 60 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study