Free when you purchase any Facilitator Guide in the Style Series.
A great training takeaway - get one for every participant!
Personality style. Itís
the primary driving force behind human behavior. Knowing its ins and outs sheds
light on just about everything people do, from leadership to communicating with
others to being a team player.
personality style works is very simple. In fact, it all boils down to
assertiveness and expressiveness, two fundamental behaviors that
combine in varying degrees to formulate four basic personality styles:
Direct, Spirited, Considerate, and
The newest addition to
the bestselling HRDQ Style Series,
Personality Style for Dummies is a great way to get a grasp on
personality style. This handy reference guide introduces the four personality
styles, illustrates how they apply to a wide range of organizational
situations, shows readers how to spot someone elseís personality style, and
offers tips for ďflexingĒ personality style in any situation.
- Discover and understand oneís personality style
- Identify the common characteristics of each personality style
- Learn the benefits and challenges of each personality style
- Understand how to adapt personality style to interact with others
Personality Style for Dummies is an excellent
resource for both self-study learning and as a follow-up to classroom training.
Whether you use it as an introduction to personality style or give it to
participants as a takeaway, this book will quickly become a handy reference
tool to keep at the ready!
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Defining Personality Style
- Chapter 2: Deciphering Your Personality Style
- Chapter 3: Applying the Four Styles in Communication
- Chapter 4: Applying the Four Styles in Leading
- Chapter 5: Applying the Four Styles in Teaming
- Chapter 6: Applying the Four Styles in Selling
- Chapter 7: Applying the Four Styles
- Chapter 8: Applying the Four Styles in Coaching
- Chapter 9: Applying the Four Styles in Learning
- Chapter 10: Top Behavioral Clues to Identify Style
- Chapter 11: Top Rules for Interacting
- Chapter 12: Top Ten Personality Style Tips
About the Author
Roger R. Pearman is a
highly respected subject matter expert on personality, leadership, and
effectiveness. He has served as a senior adjunct faculty and coach for the
Center for Creative Leadership, and is the author of several articles and
books, including Hardwired
Leadership, Iím Not Crazy, Iím Just
Not You, and >Leadership
Advantage. Roger is the founder of two companies, Leadership
Performance Systems, Inc. and Qualifying.org, Inc., and his clients span both
the public and private sectors, including the United Nations, Merck,
Citigroup, SAP, and the Marriott Corporation.